Friday, April 7, 2017

Favorite Poem Friday (#6)

Morning dearies!

Today's poem is a special one for me. It's one of my all time favorites and no matter how many times I read it, it always seems so deep and impactful to me. I guess it reminds me of my younger years and my first love and all those feelings that were perfect to me at the time. It definitely makes me feel nostalgic whenever I read it. I hope it brings you those same feelings of nostalgia that it so happily brings to me!


Just For a Time by Maya Angelou

Oh how you used to walk
With that insouciant smile
I liked to hear you talk
And your style
Pleased me for a while.

You were my early love
New as a dawn breaking in Spring
You were the image of
Everything
That caused me to sing.

I don’t like reminiscing
Nostalgia is not my forte
I don’t spill tears
On yesterday’s years
But honesty makes me say,
You were a precious pearl
How I loved to see you shine,
You were the perfect girl.
And you were mine.
For a time.
For a time.
Just for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments so thank you for sharing the love :p